InSpire clubs are an outreach effort of Instill Mindfulness SWVA based in Floyd, VA.
Each meeting features a mindfulness practice led by one of the members, discussion, and some fun activities. Each club also develops their own service-based activities, based on a desire to inspire greater community-mindedness in their community.
All are welcomed. No experience is necessary.
As a club there will be four major themes:
• Mindfulness: Each meeting will feature a practice session.
• Service: Each club will determine its own service-based activities, based on a desire to inspire community-mindedness in their community.
• Community: Community is the central theme for the InSpire clubs.
Community will be recognized on three levels:
1. The InSpire community;
2. The external community; and
3. The intrapersonal community, of mind, body, and spirit.
A strong sense of community will be developed in InSpire clubs through the following mechanisms:
• A commitment to inclusivity;
• Mentoring, in which each new member is mentored by an existing member;
• Regular gatherings, with each one possibly based around a meal; and
• A fully democratic system of power, in which decisions are consensus-based, and regular leadership changes. Where possible, the outgoing leader will mentor the incumbent.
• Fun: There will be an emphasis on making membership enjoyable. This will be achieved
through games, activities, and creating regular opportunities for interconnection.